- n a group of followers or enthusiasts
- n the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture
- v to travel behind, go after, come after
- v be later in time
- v come as a logical consequence; follow logically
- v travel along a certain course
- v act in accordance with someone's rules, commands, or wishes
- v come after in time, as a result
- v behave in accordance or in agreement with
- v be next
Mary plays best, with John and Sue following
- v choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans
- v to bring something about at a later time than
- v imitate in behavior; take as a model
- v follow, discover, or ascertain the course of development of something
- v follow with the eyes or the mind
- v be the successor (of)
- v perform an accompaniment to
- v keep informed
- v to be the product or result
- v accept and follow the leadership or command or guidance of
- v adhere to or practice
- v work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function
- v keep under surveillance
The police had been following him for weeks but they could not prove his involvement in the bombing
- v follow in or as if in pursuit
- v grasp the meaning
- v keep to
- s about to be mentioned or specified
the following items
- s immediately following in time or order
the following day
- a going or proceeding or coming after in the same direction
the crowd of following cars made the occasion seem like a parade
tried to outrun the following footsteps
- s in the desired direction
a following wind
- He has a huge following among working-class, traditional Democrats, one of Obama's weaknesses.
- The dolls have amassed a cult following, with a fifth-anniversary convention, UglyCon, to be held in Los Angeles in December.
- For 10 years following the collapse of the Berlin Wall, PTI contract photographer Anthony Suau has traveled the lands of the former Soviet bloc.
News & Articles
- Boy in hospital following near drowning at Monroeville pool
A boy was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville following what police are calling “a near drowning” Friday at a swimming pool in Monroeville. The incident occurred at The Club on Raquet Lane, police said. Officers released no additional information. Officials at The Club, formerly known as the Oxford Athletic Club, were not available for comment. The facility's website states that it has ...
June 15, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Man arrested following accident that killed twin brother
A 43-year-old Stockton man was arrested Friday morning following a single-car rollover accident that killed his twin brother, authorities said.
June 15, 2013 - The Stockton Record
- Two men arrested following police pursuit in Mountain View
Two men were arrested in Mountain View on Thursday following a car chase that ended in a crash, police said.
June 15, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- FrÃ©dÃ©ric Mitterrand in guardian.co.uk
Mitterrand said he was in contact with the French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, "who is following the case with great attention and shares the minister's hope that the situation can be quickly resolved".
- Glenn Miller in The Associated Press
He's not in custody as yet. We're following some leads and we're working with the Abaco community to try and find him. Hopefully we should find him,Assistant Police Commissioner Glenn Miller said Tuesday.
- Barack Obama in ABC News
The failed policies of John McCain would be the pig,Obama says. "I mean, just following the logic of this illogical situation."