- n the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture
the culprit started to run and the cop took off in pursuit
- n a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria
the pursuit of love
- n an auxiliary activity
- n a diversion that occupies one's time and thoughts (usually pleasantly)
they criticized the boy for his limited pursuits
- In one incident, on the night of May 27, 1991 in Milwaukee, a 14-year-old managed to escape and wandered into the streets with Dahmer in pursuit.
- For the Italians, the Ukrainian campaign was a pursuit of the advancing Germans.
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
Let us renew our resolve against those who perpetrated this barbaric act and who plot against us still,Obama said Friday. "In defense of our nation we will never waver. In pursuit of Al Qaeda and its extremist allies, we will never...