fond : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having or displaying warmth or affection
a fond embrace
fond of his nephew
- s extravagantly or foolishly loving and indulgent
hopelessly spoiled by a fond mother
- s (followed by `of' or `to') having a strong preference or liking for
fond of chocolate
- s absurd or silly because unlikely
fond hopes of becoming President
- Jean Charles Millet, 32, of Barbizon, France, was extremely fond of his grandfather.
News & Articles
- LETTER: A fond farewell to Superintendent Pete Miller
EDITOR: With a fond farewell, I wish Pete Miller, superintendent of Somerset Hills School District, the very best in the next stage of life. He has served the district with a calm intelligence and ste
June 21, 2013 - The Bernardsville News
- Final push to save JFK’s endangered ‘flying saucer’ Pan Am terminal
Anthony Stramaglia has many fond memories of JFK Airport’s iconic Terminal 3. For one, it was the first place he ever got on a plane. “I was only 2 years old,” said Stramaglia of his first trip through Pan American World Airways’ "Jetsons"-esque structure, the Worldport. “I’m dating myself here, but it must have been [...]
June 21, 2013 - The Lookout via Yahoo! News
- Fond du Lac raises money to rebuild fire-damaged playground
FOND DU LAC (WITI) — On May 12th, vandals burned the playground equipment at Hamilton Park. The Hamilton Park not...
June 20, 2013 - FOX 6 Milwaukee
- Jeffrey Loria in UPI.com
It is never easy to make a change in managers,Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said in a statement. "Fredi has been with our club for four years. We have become close, and I am extremely fond of Fredi. I, along with all our fans, am grateful...
- Barack Obama in CTV.ca
The outpouring of love, gratitude and fond memories to which we have all borne witness is a testament to the way this singular figure in American history touched so many lives,Obama said. "His ideas and ideals are stamped on scores of laws...
- Phil Mickelson in Vancouver Sun
It would mean a lot to any player [to win], myself included, given that I've come so close so many times,Mickelson said earlier this week. "I've played so much here over the years, and I've had some success at AT&T and have a lot of fond...