- n the site of an archeological exploration
they set up camp next to the dig
- n an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
she takes a dig at me every chance she gets
- n a small gouge (as in the cover of a book)
the book was in good condition except for a dig in the back cover
- n the act of digging
- n the act of touching someone suddenly with your finger or elbow
she gave me a sharp dig in the ribs
- v turn up, loosen, or remove earth
- v create by digging
dig a hole
dig out a channel
- v work hard
She was digging away at her math homework
- v remove, harvest, or recover by digging
- v thrust down or into
dig the oars into the water
dig your foot into the floor
- v remove the inner part or the core of
- v poke or thrust abruptly
- v get the meaning of something
- Shopping, but we dig NexTag for its no-nonsense approach that's all about finding you the best deal.
- You have to patiently dig and dig, and never give up until the job's done.
- Like some breed of superbadgers, the Reds dig round the clock.
News & Articles
- ‘Extreme Animals Dig It’ to be at library
The summer program, “Dig Into Reading” is now in full swing at the Altus Public Library with kids signing up for the reading program, crafts flying out the doors and the crowd pleasing performance with Monty Harper. Extreme Animals of Tuttle will be the second program on Thursday, June 13, 2 p.m.
June 13, 2013 - Altus Times
- Kids Dig into Reading
Libraries make summer reading fun Ashley Brotherton School’s out! Children yell and jump for joy, getting pumped for a fun summer of beaches, lazy days and reading. Anne Arundel and Calvert Libraries are helping kids Dig into Summer Reading, a national initiative to make books part of summer’s fun. Anne Arundel and Calvert libraries are spicing summer reading with jugglers, mad scientists ...
June 13, 2013 - Bay Weekly
- Houston County children participate in 'Dig Into Reading' Summer Reading Program
Erin City Hall buzzed with excitement as more than 30 vivacious children attended The Houston County Library's annual 'Dig Into Reading' Summer Reading Program Tuesday, June 11.
June 13, 2013 - The Leaf Chronicle
- Barack Obama in CNNMoney.com
The American people understand we've got a big hole that we've got to dig ourselves out of, but they don't like the idea that people are digging a bigger hole even as they're being asked to fill it up,Obama said.
- Andy Roddick in Kansas City Star
Through three sets I was playing horrendously, I mean really, really badly,Roddick said. "I was trying to think of how to put balls in the court. I think the fifth set was probably the best set that I played ...... but when you dig...