- n an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious
- n the grade of particle fineness to which a substance is ground
a coarse grind of coffee
- n hard monotonous routine work
- n the act of grinding to a powder or dust
- v press or grind with a crushing noise
- v make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together
- v work hard
- v dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced
- v reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading
grind the spices in a mortar
- v created by grinding
grind designs into the glass bowl
- v shape or form by grinding
grind lenses for glasses and cameras
- Muslim clerics denounce her bump-and-grind dancing, attempt to ban her concerts, even pray for rain to keep impressionable fans away from her shows, yet politicians are lining up .
- And they go to caucuses or go to the primaries and just work, grind your way up the -- to whatever lies ahead, and that's what's happened.
- They are to the vanished grind houses what the Disney-dressed-up 42nd Street is to the old, disreputable Deuce.
News & Articles
- The Grind: Inspiring theme songs, Mike Davis's stress level & U.S. Open picks
By Alex MyersWelcome to another edition of The Grind, where we've had that spectacular U.S. Open theme song in our heads for months. The Yanni-penned masterpiece, "In Celebration of Man," is so inspiring we're pretty sure Johnny Miller sets his alarm to wake up to it in the morning. Don't act like you've never hummed it to yourself when you've struck a solid shot on the course before. OK, so ...
June 11, 2013 - GolfDigest.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Grind’s new spacious digs prove to be Grand quarters
Kelley Cox / Post Independent Suzanne Stewart of Glenwood Springs and Nancy Page of New Castle enjoy lunch at The Grind recently. The Grind is now at a new location at 720 Grand Ave., upstairs in the King Mall.
June 10, 2013 - Glenwood Springs Post Independent
- Driving A Busy Roadway WIll Be A Grind
Driving on industrial road is a *grind* this week.
June 10, 2013 - WOWT Omaha
- John McCain in guardian.co.uk
If we fail to act, the gears of our economy will grind to a halt,McCain told an audience in Missouri.
- Matt Treanor in FanHouse
It's that time of the year when the grind really starts,Treanor said. "My situation is getting the opportunity to play in the postseason. However it takes us to get there I want that to happen."
- Tiger Wood in International Herald Tribune
I was not hitting it well, and I had to scramble and grind it out and manage to score,Woods said.