travail : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of contractions to the birth of a child
- n use of physical or mental energy; hard work
- v work hard
- Sacagawea rose above difficulty and travail to do what was needed in circumstances not of her choosing.
- It's the culmination of a long travail.
- Growing up in Quebec (the book first appeared in French as "Paul a un travail d't") Michel Rabagliati had more exposure to French comix than American ones.
News & Articles
- La compagnie d'uniformes Workrite lance Workrite Canada
La société Workrite Uniform Company, inc., premier fournisseur mondial de vêtements de travail résistants à la flamme, lance Workrite Canada, ainsi qu'un centre de représentation commerciale locale, d'inventaire ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Hugh Carey in NewsLI
In his 1975 State of State, Carey said: "All we say and all we do is shaped by two harsh facts. One is that the nation is in deep economic difficulty. The second is that New York State suffers more than its full share of the nation's travail."
- Bud Selig in CTV.ca
I think of everything we went through,commissioner Bud Selig said. "The turmoil, the travail - it was all worth it."
- Leigh Steinberg in MiamiHerald.com
The NFL has to avoid the suicidal impact of a strike, work stoppage or prolonged labor conflict, especially in a time of economic travail,Steinberg said.