toil : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n productive work (especially physical work done for wages)
- v work hard
- Some toil with their families as bonded laborers on farms.
- Where the childhood scenes were of fun and games, the adult scenes are of toil and loneliness.
- In the video, an angry student peppers a visibly flummoxed Alarcn with the kind of questions that usually get Cubans tossed into jail: Why does a worker have to toil two or three .
News & Articles
- Tiger, Rory in thick of it after long day
Their toil over, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy shook hands and hung together on the green, both survivors. Across Merion's 10th green, their playing partner, Adam Scott, wasn't done yet. He had a putt to make.
June 15, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Tiger says he played well; Rory is set for the weekend
ARDMORE 8212 Their toil over, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy shook hands and hung together on the green, both survivors.Across Merion's 10th green, their playing partner, Adam Scott, wasn't done yet. He had a putt to make.And he missed it.
June 15, 2013 - Times Leader
- 'You are outside and free': Italian island jail hosts high-end vineyard
GORGONA ISLAND, Italy -- High on a hillside overlooking the azure sea on a small Mediterranean island, two brawny men toil under the sun in a vineyard that has just released a $66 wine destined for the tables of top restaurants.This is not an exclusive wine estate or secluded retreat for the rich, despite the tranquil beauty. It is, rather, the residence of men serving long sentences for some of ...
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- John Adams in The Newark Advocate
As our brilliant forefather John Adams said, "I am well aware of the toil and blood and treasure that it will cost to maintain this Declaration and support and defend these States. Yet through all the gloom, I can see the rays of ravishing light and...
- Winston Churchill in Gossip On This (blog)
...Roman number 13 was inked on Jolie's left arm with V MCMXL added to the end of it to signify the date of Winston Churchill's famous speech on May 13, 1940 in which he said: "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."
- James Franklin in Cricketnext.com
There's been some honest toil out there today,said all-rounder James Franklin, who bowled 11 overs in India's innings at a cost of 23 runs. "We've seen how good a wicket it is. Gambhir played a great innings, batting all day with good...