- v recover through digging
Schliemann excavated Troy
- v find by digging in the ground
- v form by hollowing
Carnegie had a lake excavated for Princeton University's rowing team
excavate a cavity
- v remove the inner part or the core of
the mining company wants to excavate the hillside
- He determines who will excavate in Egypt and when and where.
- A 1965 attempt to locate and excavate the blazethe only way to extinguish an anthracite firewas abandoned when local funds ran out.
- The questionnaire leaves no stone unturned in its 63-part effort to excavate any personal or professional transgressions in a candidate's past.
News & Articles
- FBI, cops in body hunt at Queens home of 'Goodfellas' mobster played by Robert De Niro
Dennisthephotog.com UNDER-COVER OUTFIT: Feds armed with a jackhammer yesterday prepare to excavate the tent-covered driveway of late mobster Jimmy Burke in hopes of finding a body. Organized-crime investigators swooped in on the Queens home of James “Jimmy the Gent” Burke yesterday — digging for human remains in the driveway, back...
June 18, 2013 - New York Post
- Hunting for an E.T. Castoff in a Most Terrestrial Place
A company plans to excavate a landfill in the New Mexico desert where Atari is rumored to have dumped millions of copies of the video game E.T. after it flopped in 1983.
June 17, 2013 - New York Times
- Tom Dart in College News
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said to reporters that the removals were "not done in a very, very delicate way, folks. [The grave diggers] would excavate a grave and would proceed to dump the remains wherever they found a place to do it in the back of...
- Lee Kuan Yew in Reuters India
What dykes can we build? Where do we get materials for the dykes? Do we excavate the sea bed? We are into a very serious problem,Lee said.