- n one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration
0 and 1 are digits
- n the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
- n a finger or toe in human beings or corresponding body part in other vertebrates
- With nearly 10% of Americans idled, the country faces the prospect of long-term, double-digit unemployment.
- When Bell System executives grandly announced that all telephone exchange names would soon be replaced by seven-digit numbers in the name of progress (PTI, May 11), they .
- That observation has already made digit ratio a useful indicator of ability in fields other than finance; 2D:4D has been found to predict success in sports such as soccer .
- Jeffrey Immelt in Bizjournals.com
GE delivered a solid quarter in spite of extreme volatility in the financial services market and some one-time items in our industrial businesses,said Jeff Immelt, GE chairman and CEO. "Infrastructure delivered double-digit segment profit...
- Richard J Codey in International Herald Tribune
Describing Newark as 'one of America's most dangerous cities' is a slap in the face to all of the hardworking law enforcement and city officials that have helped bring out double-digit decreases in crime over the last several years,Codey...
- Stan Van Gundy in Orlando Sentinel
Pretty soon our players will be wearing 373,Van Gundy said. "All the two-digit numbers will be taken."