- n the act of digging
- v turn up, loosen, or remove earth
- v create by digging
- v work hard
She was digging away at her math homework
- v remove, harvest, or recover by digging
- v thrust down or into
- v remove the inner part or the core of
- v poke or thrust abruptly
- v get the meaning of something
- Although digging for Marmes man has already cost more than $100,000 in grants from the National Science Foundation and the National Park Service, the scientists have asked for .
- As Rollwagen tells it, Seymour Cray, the company's elusive founder, has been dividing his time between building the next generation of supercomputers and digging an underground .
News & Articles
- Fbi Digging At Former Home Of Famed New York Mobster
NEW YORK - Jackhammers are digging under a New York City house once occupied by a famous gangster who is said to have buried victims in familiar places. The digging started Monday in Queens' South Ozone neighborhood. It was home to James Burke, a Lucchese
June 19, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Investigators digging into well for evidence in DeBary cold case
Volusia County detectives spent Wednesday digging for evidence they hope can help solve a cold homicide case. James Aslinger was killed nearly 40 years ago in DeBary. For a third time, investigators searched for evidence deep inside a well in the Glenwood area. Detectives said among decades-old trash, they did find pieces of the evidence they're looking for, but so far it's not enough to solve ...
June 19, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- FBI Digging at Former Home of Famed NY Mobster
FBI digging for remains at former home of NY mobster who inspired Robert De Niro character
June 18, 2013 - ABC News
- Abd al-Karim Qasim in USA Today
We are still digging with our hands and shovels because we can't use cranes because many of the houses were built of clay,Qassim said.
- Barack Obama in CNNMoney.com
The American people understand we've got a big hole that we've got to dig ourselves out of, but they don't like the idea that people are digging a bigger hole even as they're being asked to fill it up,Obama said.
- Robert Gates in FOXNews
Some have shown too much defensiveness and have not shown enough focus on digging into and addressing the problems,Gates said. "Also I am concerned that some do not properly understand the need to communicate to the wounded and their...