- n an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- v be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- v laugh at with contempt and derision
- For their part, the McCain camp seems to be enjoying the attention garnered by the gibe, embracing the fact that McCain has set Romney specifically in his sights.
- Uses old gibe about debate answer Sunday to mock former rival whose supporters he is supposed to be courting.
- Where has the fine art of the insult gone? there was a time in Europe when the cutting gibe was a respected weapon in political discourse.
- Tiger Wood in Dallas Morning News
I think our personalities are very similar,Woods said. "We both like to gibe at one another. We both have fun, we don't take it personal, and we just have a great time doing it. He's been a great friend to me."