- v be in accord; be in agreement
We agreed on the terms of the settlement
I can't agree with you!
- v consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something
She agreed to all my conditions
He agreed to leave her alone
- v be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
The two stories don't agree in many details
- v go together
- v show grammatical agreement
Subjects and verbs must always agree in English
- v be agreeable or suitable
White wine doesn't agree with me
- v achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose
No two of my colleagues would agree on whom to elect chairman
- October 5, 2000 Survey Gives Children Something to Cry About Pediatricians and child psychologists agree: Spanking does more harm than good.
- Second, they would agree to provide aid and assistance, to come to the relief and to save the United Kingdom in any armed conflict or war sufficiently widefpread or intense to be .
- So I agree with Bellafante on this.
News & Articles
- Ravens release Vonta Leach after failing to agree on new deal
Leach, an All-Pro fullback, is the latest starter to leave Baltimore after its Super Bowl victory. Leach and the team could not agree on a restructured contract. Vonta Leach was released Tuesday by the Baltimore Ravens, who failed to agree on a restructured contract with the All-Pro fullback.
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Royals agree to terms with second-round pick Reed
A day after signing No. 1 pick Hunter Dozier, the Royals announced Tuesday they have agreed to terms with second-round pick Cody Reed, a left-handed pitcher from Northwest Mississippi Community College.
June 12, 2013 - Major League Baseball
- Kenyan legislators agree to lower pay after outcry
A government commission says Kenyan legislators have agreed to lower their salaries after public outcry and protests.
June 12, 2013 - Fox News
- Larry King in ABC News
I talked to the guys here at CNN and I told them I would like to end 'Larry King Live,' the nightly show, this fall and CNN has graciously accepted, to agree to giving me more time for my wife and I to get to the kids' little league games,...
- Lance Armstrong in Boston Herald
In hindsight, as a team, I think we all agree we could have ridden differently (Tuesday),said Armstrong, who finished 36th in the fourth stage and is 18th overall - 2:30 behind overall leader Fabian Cancellara of Switzerland. "You can look...
- Rupert Murdoch in International Herald Tribune
I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill- considered project,Murdoch said. "We are sorry for any pain this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."