- v cause to be attached
- v be attached; be in contact with
- v become attached
The spider's thread attached to the window sill
- v create social or emotional ties
- v take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority
- s being joined in close association
all art schools whether independent or attached to universities
- a used of buildings joined by common sidewalls
a block of attached houses
- a associated in an exclusive sexual relationship
- s fond and affectionate
she was very attached to her father
- A 747 cannot be flown without its entire tail fin, which helps stabilize the big craft, and can be flown only with great difficulty without the attached rudder, which is moved to .
- Unlike dogs, which grow attached to individual handlers, the rats are happy to work with anyone, so long as they are fed.
- Years later, in 1954, when she decided to make a comeback, her name still had "disgraced" attached to it.
News & Articles
- 12 Business Incubators Changing The World
Business incubators--more than 300 in the U.S., many attached to universities--are increasingly drawing intellectual capital from around the world. With the help of CB Insights, a Manhattan firm that tracks private-company funding trends (including venture capital, private equity and government-backed deals), we assembled 10 especially crackling innovation hubs.
June 25, 2013 - Forbes
- Ravens’ Twitter feed mocks attendance of Heat’s victory parade
Nothing quite like a multi-city, intra-sport feud. The Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens fired shots across the bow of the NBA Champion Miami Heat with the above photo attached to a jab of a tweet: #BALTIMORE sure knows how to … Continue reading ?
June 25, 2013 - Shutdown Corner via Yahoo! Sports
- Columbus bond package set at $842 million
Columbus city officials have attached an $842 million price tag to a package of bonds to appear on the Nov. 5 ballot.
June 25, 2013 - This Week German Village
- Alfred Nobel in Center for Research on Globalization
The Prize Committee said that in making the award it "attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons."
- Ben Bernanke in Globe and Mail
AIG exploited a huge gap in the regulatory system, there was no oversight of the financial products division,Mr. Bernanke said. "This was a hedge fund basically that was attached to a large and stable insurance company."
- Edie Falco in Forbes
Ten years ...... I wish for everybody in every walk of life, but particularly for actors, to have the opportunity to have a work experience like I have had with my family here,Falco said. "You're not supposed to get this attached because...