- v take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority
The customs agents impounded the illegal shipment
- v place or shut up in a pound
- The hoteliers say Mohammad recently bounced 37 checks, and on Thursday they got a judge to impound his jewelry and cars still at the Diplomat.
- No more need wedding guests lifting their bubbling-stemmed glasses to the bride, fear sudden descent of those twain, snatching the twinkling beverage from their lips to impound .
- The way Carey tells it, Kelly's murderous violence is aimed as much at his mother Ellen's succession of suitors as at the police, who impound the family's animals and perjure .
News & Articles
- Moped driver gets warning for exceeding 25 mph
Moped drivers in Noblesville going faster than 25 miles per hour on 49cc mopeds are being warned to abide by the law or their mopeds could be impounded.
June 14, 2013 - WTHR Indianapolis
- Bremerton to impound cars of suspended drivers
Motorists driving on suspended licenses in Bremerton will soon face the prospect of having the vehicle impounded for 14 days. Bremerton Police Chief Steve Strachan said the newly approved ordinance will allow officers to continue “focused enforcement,” or what is sometimes called “swift and certain enforcement.”
June 13, 2013 - Central Kitsap Reporter
- Senate votes down tow rate limits
The Oregon Senate on Tuesday blocked an effort to regulate the amount towing companies can charge for private property impound tows, also known as 'predatory towing.'
June 12, 2013 - Salem Statesman Journal
- Kurt Busch in WPXI.com
This was probably one of our best wins,said Busch in Victory Lane. "Its a tribute to what my team can do. You know, we've been struggling in qualifying at these impound races and this was a big adjustment for us."
- Julian Fantino in Canada NewsWire (press release)
The OPP's Provincial Traffic Enforcement Program is obviously working,Fantino said. "That, and the new legislation (Section 172 of the Highway Traffic Act) that enables us to suspend the licence and impound the vehicle on the spot of...