attacking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v launch an attack or assault on; begin hostilities or start warfare with
- v attack in speech or writing
- v take the initiative and go on the offensive
- v attack someone physically or emotionally
- v set to work upon; turn one's energies vigorously to a task
- v begin to injure
The cancer cells are attacking his liver
Rust is attacking the metal
- s disposed to attack
- caliph Omar in The Canadian Press
America is killing Muslims in Afghanistan and in our tribal areas (with missile strikes), and militants are attacking Pakistan to express anger against the government for supporting America,said Zahid Umar, 25, who frequently visits the...
- Fernando Torres in Las Cruces Sun-News
Two of the best teams in the World Cup have to play in the semifinal, so unlucky for one of them,Spain striker Fernando Torres said. "They are an attacking team and they will try to win, try to attack. But we will have more space to go at...