- v requisition forcibly, as of enemy property
the estate was sequestered
- v take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority
- v undergo sequestration by forming a stable compound with an ion
The cations were sequestered
- v keep away from others
He sequestered himself in his study to write a book
- v set apart from others
The dentist sequesters the tooth he is working on
- Without ways to capture the carbon burned in coal and sequester it underground, new plants all but guarantee millions of tons of future carbon emissions and essentially negate efforts to reduce global warming.
- If those plants are built without the means to capture and sequester underground the carbon they emit and it's far from clear that such technology will be commercially .
- The rebels the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) sequester their captives deep inside the country's mountainous jungle terrain, and they regularly lead them on .
News & Articles
- Video: Sequester puts strain on firefighters
The sequester has mandated that $50 million be cut from the Forest Service. This has forced firefighters to be laid off, making this year's early start to fire season even tougher to fight. Carter Evans reports.
June 15, 2013 - CBS News
- IMF Concerned About Sequester’s Economic Impact
Sequester’s Economic Impact
June 15, 2013 - FOX Business
- Sequester Aware
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warns that research funding cuts due to the sequester will harm scientific inquiry , the Washington Post reports.
June 14, 2013 - GenomeWeb News
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
I think to the extent that Canada and the United States can collaborate on ways that we can sequester carbon, capture greenhouse gases before they're emitted into the atmosphere, that's going to be good for everybody,Obama said.
- Vinton Cerf in Forbes
Five books are in various stages of completion, and Cerf said he would "deliberately sequester some of the time" freed up by stepping down from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.
- Samuel Bodman in Energy Central
This restructured FutureGen approach is an all-around better investment for Americans,says US Energy Secretary Sam Bodman. "Each of these plants will sequester at least one million metric tons of carbon dioxide annually and help meet our...