- v place or set apart
They isolated the political prisoners from the other inmates
- v obtain in pure form
The chemist managed to isolate the compound
- v set apart from others
- v separate (experiences) from the emotions relating to them
- Attempts to isolate Syria are counterproductive.
- But it's smarter than trying to isolate Chvez, which in the long run would bring us more headaches than headway in the effort to repair Washington's dismal relations with Latin .
- If Haniya's Hamas wants to act like an opposition group even when it has responsibility for governing, it will merely isolate itself and damage the Palestinian cause.
News & Articles
- Tips and tricks for using Facebook lists to eliminate News Feed noise
Are you fed up with how incredibly irrelevant your Facebook News Feed is? You can use lists to isolate people you want to hear less from, and here's how.
June 21, 2013 - Digital Trends
- FourPlans: House-Within-a-House
Most homes with in-law units isolate those spaces above the garage or in the backyard. Not these! The suites – all complete with kitchenettes, bathrooms, and more – easily access main living spaces and are located on the first floor for accessibility.
June 20, 2013 - Builder Magazine
- UMass Amherst researchers develop powerful new technique to study protein function
( University of Massachusetts at Amherst ) The advance should allow deeper insights into protein function, Chase says, "because we can only get a true understanding of what that single protein does when we isolate its function." There was no tool to do this. Cover art uses a worm jigsaw puzzle to illustrate how knockdown strategies have evolved to achieve more cell-type specificity, culminating ...
June 19, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Barack Obama in CounterCurrents.org
Our offer of comprehensive diplomatic contacts and dialogue stands,Mr. Obama said in the video. "Indeed, over the course of the last year, it is the Iranian government that has chosen to isolate itself and to choose a self-defeating focus...
- President Bush in Newsday
I'm disappointed that the leaders rejected this generous offer out of hand,Bush said. "It's an indication to the Iranian people that their leadership is willing to isolate them further."
- Mike Huckabee in DesMoinesRegister.com
Yet it was in 1992 that Mike Huckabee, then a US Senate candidate, told the Associated Press in a questionnaire that "we need to take steps that would isolate the carriers of this plague" to prevent spread of the disease. "It is the first...