- v take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority
The police confiscated the stolen artwork
- s surrendered as a penalty
- The school board insists the principal had the right to confiscate the banner and punish the student because the language undermined its teachings about the dangers of illegal drugs.
- Ironically, the House bill would not confiscate the multibillion dollar bonuses paid to Merrill Lynch people last year.
- It said it was seeking to impose financial penalties and confiscate gains from the trades.
News & Articles
- The Dijssel-Bomb
Eric Sprott and David Franklin This past March, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the head of the finance ministers of the eurozone, shocked the markets with seemingly off-the-cuff comments suggesting that the Cyprus banking solution will, “s erve as a model for dealing with future banking crises. ” 1 Depositors across Europe took a collective gasp of horror – could banks possibly confiscate depositors ...
June 13, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- NJ Bill Would Permit Police To Confiscate Phones Of Drivers Involved In Accidents
A bill proposed in the New Jersey State Senate would permit police officers to confiscate the phones of drivers involved in accidents.
June 12, 2013 - CBS Philadelphia
- TSA tries to confiscate Chewbacca's light saber
DENVER (NBC DFW) - Boyd, TX resident and Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew had a dust-up with TSA agents in Denver when they attempted to confiscate his light saber shaped cane.
June 9, 2013 - 9 News Denver