detached : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to become detached or separated; take off
- v separate (a small unit) from a larger, especially for a special assignment
- v come to be detached
His retina detached and he had to be rushed into surgery
- s showing lack of emotional involvement
she may be detached or even unfeeling but at least she's not hypocritically effusive
- s being or feeling set or kept apart from others
she felt detached from the group
- s no longer connected or joined
a detached part
on one side of the island was a hugh rock, almost detached
- a used of buildings; standing apart from others
a detached garage
- s lacking affection or warm feeling
- s not fixed in position
the detached shutter fell on him
- The sexual experiences of growing boys have not had much detached study.
- A gift is not taxable only when it is given out of "detached and disinterested generosity.
- With varying degrees of fear, anger and fascination, but mostly with a detached kind of bemusement, the world this week awaits an unprecedented event: the fiery fall of the .
News & Articles
- Fire destroys detached garage northeast of Moses Lake
MOSES LAKE – A fire destroyed a detached garage near Moses Lake yesterday, although Grant County Fire District 5 crews kept the blaze from spreading to a home.
June 25, 2013 - iFiber One
- Is Francis the Pope of Food Justice?
Just months into his new role, Pope Francis’ image is already in stark contrast to his more detached and cerebral predecessor, Pope Benedict. First, Jorge Mario Bergoglio chose the papal name “Francis,” in honor of the saint who gave up a life of wealth to live among the poor. Then he stated that even nonbelievers can be “saved,” and has shown a preference for the poor and disenfranchised ...
June 25, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- OPEN HOUSE-DEER LAKE
OPEN HOUSE-DEER LAKE 37310 Little John Road, Deer River Sunday, June 30 1-3 p.m. 3 bedroom, 3 bath, detached garage with heated workshop, guest house and pole barn. All on 200' of sandy shoreline $529,000
June 25, 2013 - Grand Rapids Herald-Review
- Harry Reid in International Herald Tribune
Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader, said the "heartless veto" showed how "detached President Bush is from the priorities of the American people."
- Pope Benedict XVI in The Canberra Times
Pope Benedict said that relativism, which indiscriminately gives value to "practically everything" has made "experience" all-important: "Yet, experiences, detached from any consideration of what is good or true, can lead, not to genuine freedom, but...
- Katie Couric in Washington Post
You can't help but get a very detached perspective when you're not there and you're not witnessing things firsthand,Couric told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I'm curious about very basic questions regarding living conditions, about how...