- v be in accord; be in agreement
We agreed on the terms of the settlement
- v consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something
She agreed to all my conditions
He agreed to leave her alone
- v be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- v go together
- v show grammatical agreement
- v be agreeable or suitable
- v achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose
- s united by being of the same opinion
agreed in their distrust of authority
- The Libyans agreed in principle to throw its WMD projects wide open to an MI6-CIA team of technical experts.
- We agreed to work toward and support a coordinated international response with the UN playing a key role.
- ARMED AND DANGEROUS: Kim has agreed to shut down the nuclear reactor at Yongbyon.
- Billy Martin in Boston Globe (registration)
Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to these charges and to accept full responsibility for those actions and for the mistakes he has made,Billy Martin, one of Vick's attorneys, said in a statement. "Michael wishes to apologize to...
- Barack Obama in Christian Science Monitor
Underscoring Israel's earlier commitments to the two-state solution, Obama added, "That means that all the parties involved have to take seriously obligations that they have previously agreed to."
- Kenny MacAskill in Wall Street Journal
The wider negotiations with the Libyans are reaching a critical stage,Mr. Straw wrote, "and in view of the overwhelming interests for the United Kingdom, I have agreed in this instance the [prisoner agreement] should be in the standard...