- n harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters
- n concurrence of opinion
we are in accord with your proposal
- n a written agreement between two states or sovereigns
- n sympathetic compatibility
- v go together
- v allow to have
- The President says that the new Prime Minister will support the peace accord.
- The intractable dispute over assimilating the former guerrillas into the army, as per the terms of the peace accord signed in November 1984, could have led to a military coup.
- By coming up with a unity accord, Dinshaw wants to exit as a good statesman and give the impression that he was a unifier.
- Barack Obama in Christian Science Monitor
Yet President Obama, during a summit with Chinese leaders this week, noted that "our aim ...... is not a partial accord or a political declaration, but rather an accord that covers all of the issues in the negotiations and one that has immediate...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in New York Times (blog)
Mrs. Clinton emphasized that such a level of support was only possible "in the context of a strong accord in which all major economies stand behind meaningful mitigation actions and provide full transparency as to their implementation."
- Robert Plant in MTV.com
During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of solidarity and accord,Plant said. "For us he was Atlantic Records and remained a close friend and conspirator - this performance stands alone as our tribute to the work and...