- n a musician who plays the accordion
- The Magnetic Fields (which consists of Merritt, guitarist banjo player John Woo, drummer Claudia Gonson and cellist Sam Davol, plus occasional accordionist Daniel Handler, a .
- In 1935, he bet someone that an accordion could be made to swing, learned to play the thing and became accordionist in Whiteman's band.
- Simien, 29, a red-hot accordionist whose vocal style recalls that of Aaron Neville, first discovered Zydeco at a fund raiser for his local Catholic church.
News & Articles
- Kottke, Alm Among Minn. Music Hall Inductees
Guitarist Leo Kottke and country and rock singer Mary Jane Alm are among this year's inductees into the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame. Also being inducted are Twin Cities jazz singer Dennis Spears, accordionist Lorren Lindevig of Cloquet, old-time band leader Leon Olsen of New Ulm and the renowned St. Olaf Choir from St. Olaf College in Northfield.
June 14, 2013 - CBS Minnesota
- Woman celebrates her 105th birthday in Oakland
OAKLAND -- Sunrise Senior Living threw a party for its oldest resident with a birthday cake, candles and her favorite accordionist playing polkas and waltzes from her native Austria.
June 12, 2013 - The Piedmonter
- Dural, leader of Buckwheat Zydeco, declared cancer free
Stanley 'Buckwheat' Dural, the Grammy-winning singer, accordionist and leader of Buckwheat Zydeco, has been declared cancer free by his doctors. Last January, Dural announced he was being treated for early stage cancer on his left lung and a vocal cord.
June 11, 2013 - The Lafayette Daily Advertiser