- n a written agreement between two states or sovereigns
- Despite disclaimers by Bonn, the Treaty of Moscow in effect represents nothing less than a peace treaty between West Germany and Russia.
- He charged that the talks had favored the Soviet Union and that the SALT II treaty, signed by Jimmy Carter but unratified by the Senate, was "fatally flawed.
- Though European leaders are about to sign a new treaty, the event has been dubbed a diplomatic vanity trip and an environmental extravagance.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in The Moscow Times
But that is not an agreed upon view, that is not in the treaty,Clinton told the Senate Armed Services Committee. "It's the equivalent of a press release, and we are not in any way bound by it."
- President Bush in CNN International
I believe it's possible, not only possible, I believe that it is going to happen, that there will be a signed peace treaty by the time I leave office, that's what I believe,Bush said at a news conference in January in the West Bank city of...
- Robert Gates in Washington Post
Under President Obama's new policy, however, if the state that has just attacked us with biological or chemical weapons is "in compliance with the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT)," explained Gates, then "the US pledges not to use or threaten...