- v be in accord; be in agreement
- v happen simultaneously
- The House has refused to concur in the Sherman amendments, and since the Senate will not recede from its position in regard to them, the probabilities point to their failure and .
- But more than that, I come to embrace the notion that I haven't done enough in my life; I heartily concur; I come to affirm that one's title, even a title like President of the .
- Most insiders would concur with this assessment.
News & Articles
- Woman sues County for excessive force
The Hawaii County Council last week authorized Corporation Counsel to represent five police officers facing a federal lawsuit on claims of excessive force during a 2010 arrest. The council also approved, in a 6-2 vote, to concur with county attorneys’ recommendations to indemnify the officers from any punitive damages, Corporation Counsel Lincoln Ashida said Wednesday. South Kona/Ka‘u ...
June 13, 2013 - West Hawaii Today
- ‘Love?’ to Explore Jefferson-Hemings Relationship
Did Thomas Jefferson have an intimate relationship with his slave, Sally Hemings? It’s still a controversial question, now nearly 200 years after the founding father’s death. Today, historians overwhelmingly concur that Jefferson was the father to Hemings’ six children, swayed by recent DNA evidence to support the claim, but when [...]
June 12, 2013 - Falls Church News-Press
- Vicki Shewey: Improvement needed on G Street
I concur with the letter writer regarding the crosswalk near the G Street undercrossing. I just have
June 10, 2013 - Merced Sun-Star
- Dan Snyder in ESPN
No one in the organization is satisfied with our record over the last two years,Redskins owner Dan Snyder said in a statement released by the team. "And I am sure that Jim would concur with that statement. It has been painful for him, too....
- Ted Strickland in Columbus Dispatch
I concur with the rationale and recommendation of the Ohio Parole Board and have, therefore, decided to commute Mr. Hill's sentence to a term of from 25 years to life,Strickland said in a statement.
- Jim Tressel in USA Today
We concur that Kurt's hit was late and a result of poor judgment; he was thus penalized and removed from the game by his coaches,Smith and Tressel said. "We do not agree that it was 'pre-meditated' or that he was 'targeting a defenseless'...