aground : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a stuck in a place where a ship can no longer float
a ship aground offshore
a boat aground on the beach waiting for the tide to lift it
- r with the bottom lodged on the ground
he ran the ship aground
- The ship was carrying about 243,000 gallons of fuel when it ran aground off the island of San Cristobal in the Galapagos Archipelago on Tuesday, January 16.
- Situated more than 800 miles from the sea and more than 900 miles from the power center of Peking, Chongqing could easily have come to resemble a rusted hulk aground in an urban .
- Twenty years since the Exxon Valdez tanker ran aground in southeastern Alaska on March 24, 1989, spreading an 11-million-gallon crude-oil inkblot into Prince William Sound, the .
News & Articles
- Boeng, FAA defend 787 certification process
WASHINGTON — After two battery malfunctions aboard 787s, 100 days aground and one giant black eye, Boeing and the Federal Aviation Administration have learned this: They failed to anticipate possible troubles, however unlikely.
June 13, 2013 - The Columbian
- Two die, one rescued on Yeopim River
The Coast Guard medevaced a man and two others were declared dead Friday after a boat reportedly ran aground on the Yeopim River near Elizabeth City.
June 12, 2013 - Outer Banks Sentinel
- Column: GOP Isn’t Even Close to Overplaying Its Hand on the Scandals
Ever since the Obama administration ran aground on a series of scandals, Republicans have been trying hard to go from zero to Watergate. No matter how hard they stomp on the accelerator, the car won’t go. On the left, there is a similar desire to go from zero to McCarthy.
June 10, 2013 - Valley News
- Pete Geren in Forbes
He failed to provide proper leadership to the soldiers under his administrative control. ...... He let his soldiers down,Geren said. "General Kensinger was the captain of that ship, and his ship ran aground."
- Phil Jackson in USA Today
We started the fourth quarter OK, but we ran aground a little bit,Phil Jackson said. "We turned the ball over and didn't get back on defense. Sacramento ran themselves back into the game with their quick guards and their young talent But...
- Gordon Brown in Jerusalem Post
Iran has a clear choice to make: suspend its nuclear weapons program and accept our offer of negotiations or face growing isolation and the collective response, not just of one nation, but of all nations aground the world,Brown added.