- n (photography) the act of assuming a certain position (as for a photograph or portrait)
- v introduce
- v assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- v pretend to be someone you are not; sometimes with fraudulent intentions
- v behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others
Don't pay any attention to him--he is always posing to impress his peers!
- v put into a certain place or abstract location
- v be a mystery or bewildering to
- These two were posing as peace mediators.
- The pieces she has been clandestinely sending out from Internet cafswhile posing as a touristare often funny, elegantly written and poignant.
- In the photos, Jack says, "You can see he is just posing, initially, but as the shoot goes on, he starts to come out.
- Mark Saville, Baron Saville of Newdigate in The Australian
The firing by soldiers of 1 Para caused the deaths of 13 people and injury to a similar number, none of whom was posing a threat of causing death or serious injury,the report says.
- Josef Ackermann in CITY A.M.
We see continuing very difficult conditions for the global economy, posing significant challenges for our clients and for our industry,said Josef Ackermann.
- Tom LaBonge in Hindustan Times
LA city councillor Tom LaBonge added: "Every day, I see tourists posing for snapshots just below the sign. We want to acquire this land, not only to maintain the view of the Hollywood Sign, but also to preserve open space, hiking trails and wildlife...