- n the particular portion of space occupied by something
- n a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons
- n a way of regarding situations or topics etc.
- n the arrangement of the body and its limbs
- n the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society
atheists do not enjoy a favorable position in American life
- n a job in an organization
- n the spatial property of a place where or way in which something is situated
the position of the hands on the clock
- n the appropriate or customary location
the cars were in position
- n (in team sports) the role assigned to an individual player
what position does he play?
- n the act of putting something in a certain place
- n a condition or position in which you find yourself
the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils
- n a rationalized mental attitude
- n an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute
- n an item on a list or in a sequence
moved from third to fifth position
- n the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another
- n the act of positing; an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom
- v cause to be in an appropriate place, state, or relation
- v put into a certain place or abstract location
- What is it about the position that causes so much drama? I can only speak for myself.
- For weeks, there has been confusion about President Obama's position on "State Secrets," an informal legal privilege to protect classified information that President Bush invoked .
- I held these positions because I believed they were in the best interests of my party and country.
- LeBron James in ABC Online
The things that the Miami Heat franchise have done to be able to free up (salary) cap space and to be able to put themselves in a position this summer to have all three of us, it was hard to turn down,James said. "Those are two great...
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
And it's not up to the politicians in Washington, DC, to say whether he will remain in his position,Bush said. "It is up to the Iraqi people who now live in a democracy and not a dictatorship."
- Jeffrey Loria in AFP
We owe it to our fans to put this team in the best possible position to win,Loria said in a statement. "Everyone knows how I feel about winning. That's the reason we're making this change."