- n the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand
a soldier manned the entrance post
- n military installation at which a body of troops is stationed
this military post provides an important source of income for the town nearby
there is an officer's club on the post
- n a job in an organization
he occupied a post in the treasury
- n an upright consisting of a piece of timber or metal fixed firmly in an upright position
he set a row of posts in the ground and strung barbwire between them
- n United States aviator who in 1933 made the first solo flight around the world (1899-1935)
- n United States female author who wrote a book and a syndicated newspaper column on etiquette (1872-1960)
- n United States manufacturer of breakfast cereals and Postum (1854-1914)
- n any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered
is there any post for me?
she was opening her post
- n a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track)
a pair of posts marked the goal
- n the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office
in England they call mail `the post'
- n the delivery and collection of letters and packages
it came by the first post
if you hurry you'll catch the post
- v affix in a public place or for public notice
post a warning
- v publicize with, or as if with, a poster
I'll post the news on the bulletin board
- v assign to a post; put into a post
The newspaper posted him in Timbuktu
- v assign to a station
- v display, as of records in sports games
- v enter on a public list
- v transfer (entries) from one account book to another
- v ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait
- v mark with a stake
- v place so as to be noticed
post a sign
post a warning at the dump
- v cause to be directed or transmitted to another place
- v mark or expose as infamous
- Excellent post, although I doubt the FoxBots are going to be swayed by Reason.
- Mellie's post 'break up' meltdown.
- That post exactly filled the gap I noticed in Michael's article.
News & Articles
- Post Foods $30 M plan; brings 92 jobs
Post Foods has announced plans to invest millions of dollars into its Battle Creek facility.
June 12, 2013 - WOOD TV 8 Grand Rapids
- Post Foods to invest $30 million in Battle Creek facility
Post Foods has announced it's investing $30 million into its local facility, creating 92 jobs and... - 2:32 pm
June 12, 2013 - Battle Creek Enquirer
- Post 53 comes up empty at Frazee
The Breckenridge Post 53 Legion baseball team played well enough to win, but it wasn’t to be the case on a warm Tuesday afternoon. Instead, Post 53 took a pair of losses on the road to Frazee, Minn., by scores of 3-2, and 9-4.
June 12, 2013 - The Wahpeton Daily News
- David Villa in TSN
The post wanted it to go in,Villa said.
- Jake Peavy in Chicago Sun-Times
Obviously, I didn't want to say too much [Tuesday] night, but I knew something was wrong with me,Peavy said. "When I walked off the field, I told you guys from the get-go, if you see me not take the post or walk off the field as I did...
- Rupert Murdoch in guardian.co.uk
As the chairman of the New York Post, I am ultimately responsible for what is printed in its pages. The buck stops with me,added Murdoch. "Last week, we made a mistake. We ran a cartoon that offended many people. Today I want to personally...