- n a facility equipped with special equipment and personnel for a particular purpose
he started looking for a gas station
the train pulled into the station
- n proper or designated social situation
the responsibilities of a man in his station
married above her station
- n (nautical) the location to which a ship or fleet is assigned for duty
- n the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand
a sentry station
- n the frequency assigned to a broadcasting station
- v assign to a station
- This past Tuesday, thousands of Internet radio stations found the perfect way to make their point about a recent decision to raise the royalty rates they pay they simply shut .
- FCC now says a station may carry programs offered by any network.
- Memphis' radio station WDIA can make some rare claims: it finds jobs for unemployed, picks up hospital bills, supports a home for crippled children, hands out scholarships, even .
News & Articles
- Old Space Station Treadmill to be Dumped from Orbit
The space station's trusty old Treadmill Vibration Isolation System will be dumped in July after being superseded by the recently installed Combined Operational Load Bearing External Resistance Treadmill (C.O.L.B.E.R.T.) Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Discovery News
- Gannett to buy TV station owner Belo for $1.5B
McLEAN, Va. (AP) — Gannett said it reached a deal to buy TV station owner Belo for about $1.5 billion in cash, significantly boosting its presence in broadcasting.
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Fire station dazzles architecture buffs
A fire station in south-central Indiana built in the shape of a trapezoid to better accommodate its fire truck is a star in the eyes of architectural enthusiasts. Read more at www.WISHTV.com
June 12, 2013 - WISH-TV Indianapolis
- Harry Redknapp in AFP
I've been answering questions to help the police,said Redknapp. "I am not directly concerned with their enquiries. They have to arrest you to talk to you, for you to be in the police station. I think that's the end of it, it didn't...
- Michael Bloomberg in BBC News
The fact that this appears deliberately targeted at the recruiting station insults every one of our brave men and women in uniform stationed around the world,Mr Bloomberg said at a news conference.