- n the act of putting something in a certain place
- n a determination of the place where something is
- v discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining
- v determine or indicate the place, site, or limits of, as if by an instrument or by a survey
- v assign a location to
- v take up residence and become established
- In the world of cyberspying, locating the attackers' country of origin is rare.
- Trained Communist spies are among us locating targets for the sneak attack.
- In return, in 1790, Hamilton helped Jefferson pass legislation locating the new capital in the South on the Potomac River.
News & Articles
- Public's assistance needed in locating suspect
The Acadia Parish Sheriff's office is asking for the public's assistance in locating Hunter Fusilier, age 17 and whose last known address is the 2700 block Hains Road near Rayne. According to Acadia Parish Sheriff Wayne Melancon, Hunter is wanted in connection with a burglary that occurred in the 4300 block of Ebenezer Road and was reported in late February of this year. Melancon advised that ...
June 14, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Police seek help locating 39-year-old Boulder man who disappeared Friday
Boulder police are asking for public assistance in locating Daniel Robert Holloway, a 39-year-old local man who has not been seen or heard from since Friday afternoon.
June 13, 2013 - Colorado Daily
- Public's assistance sought in locating a suspect
Eunice PD is asking for assistance in locating a suspect wanted on outstanding warrants. According to police, Matthew Bieber is wanted for unauthorized use of an access card and theft of a debit and credit cards. The stolen cards were used for purchases at Wal Mart and Winn Dixie. This incident involved two suspects, Brandon Wedlock was arrested on May 22, 2013 for this same incident but ...
June 12, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Cliff Lee in USA Today
I was excited how I was locating the ball and pitching, so I wanted to stay in that same mindset,Lee said. "I never really got caught up in having a no- hitter or anything. I knew I did, but I wasn't like 'I can't give up a hit, I can't.'...
- Bruce Bochy in SI.com
Location, that's been his biggest issue really,Bochy said of Zito. "He hasn't been locating pitches as well as he can. He's been great about this, working, and he's ready. He's been anxious to come out of the bullpen." "He's playing...
- Johan Santana in USA Today
There's no excuses or anything,said Santana. "Today was just a rough day. I think what happened was I made a few mistakes locating my pitches. Today was a terrible day, that's about it."