lieu : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another
in lieu of
- And in season, Rodriguez adds (on request) the authentic Carcassonne touch: wild partridge in lieu of duck confit.
- He apparently thought that in lieu of all that, his pay might be .
- A scorching portrait of a woman's journey into Taliban-ruled Afghanistan to find her sister, its ingenious trick was to cast, in lieu of professional actors, people who had shared .
News & Articles
- New Paltz Town Board leery of tax deal for Park Point developer
NEW PALTZ, N.Y. — The Town Board is expected to ask the Ulster County Industrial Development Agency to deny developers of the proposed $56.2 million Park Point college housing project a payment-in-lieu-of-taxes agreement unless the town can be assured the project’s benefit to the community outweighs the loss of property taxes.
July 4, 2013 - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Tacoma man pleads not guilty to harming newborn son
An 18-year-old Tacoma man accused of abusing his 7-day-old son was ordered jailed Wednesday in lieu of $1 million bail.
July 3, 2013 - Tacoma News Tribune
- Town board member leads charge to end tax breaks for Medley Centre
Irondequoit Town Board member Paul Marasco is is trying to pull together representatives from Monroe County and the East Irondequoit schools to terminate a payment-in-lieu-of taxes, or PILOT, agreement inked in 2009.
July 3, 2013 - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- Danny Ainge in Boston Globe
I think the priorities to start the [offseason] were obviously Paul, Ray, and address our center position in lieu of Perk's injury,Ainge said. "Those were our priorities right there. By [today] we'll have those three things taken care of...
- Eric Schmidt in Reuters
In the past, we would buy businesses in lieu of (hiring) engineers,Schmidt said.