- n an effortful attempt to attain a goal
- n a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder
- n emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid
- n a somatic sensation of acute discomfort
- n a bothersome annoying person
- n something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
- v cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
- v cause emotional anguish or make miserable
It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school
- A new study details the daily aches and pains of thousands of Americans.
News & Articles
- Royal Pains' Paulo Costanzo on Evan's Political Gamble and Making Frances Conroy Cry
The last time Royal Pains fans caught up with the HankMed team, Hank (Mark Feuerstein) was getting ready to go under the knife for major surgery. When the USA series returns for Season 5 on Wednesday (9/8c, USA), the doctor will still be adjusting to being the patient. It's a new dynamic because it's the first time that Hank has really...
June 12, 2013 - TV Guide
- TV Diva: 'Royal Pains' new season; Paul McCartney to appear on The Colbert Report
Royal Painsgave us a lovely, romance-filled winter episode in December in which Evan and Paige finally tied the knot in the middle of a blizzard. The two-hour episode gave us some answers left over from last summer's finale but also set up a bunch of new stories for this fifth season.
June 12, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- Remade Royals rotation leads American League in ERA
General manager Dayton Moore took great pains to remake a rotation that combined for 5.01 ERA in 2012 and apparently with great success. Entering Tuesday, the Royals’ pitchers ranked first in the American League with a team ERA of 3.49.
June 12, 2013 - The Kansas City Star