- n an effortful attempt to attain a goal
- v attempt by employing effort
- v to exert much effort or energy
- Ayn Rand and Barry Goldwater don't really represent individual striving and free markets, they represent justified monopolies and legitimized cartels.
- People striving to make this a green century: Last Wild Places How to preserve rare animal and plant habitats: Living Spaces An organic building in Maryland.
- Mackey and Tindell both started out striving mainly to satisfy customers.
News & Articles
- Cease-fire in battle of the genders
Cease-fire in battle of the genders You already know from John Gray that men are from Mars and women are from Venus, but do you know how to promote interplanetary cooperation at the office? After decades of striving for gender equality in the workplace, you'd think the tough questions would be answered. You would be wrong. According to a terrific new book by two gurus in the field of male/female ...
June 18, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Editorial: Rowan University's no-hike tuition laudable
Striving to keep increases to zero is a goal that should be adopted with all public spending.
June 16, 2013 - Bridgeton News
- Black Out: LAFF Review
Eva Weber’s brief, poetic glimpse at Guinea encapsulates the hopeful striving of an impoverished nation’s youth. read more
June 16, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Richard Murray in Independent
I thought it was a joke,Murray said. "Simon has always been rather envious of Charlton because we have had the success he has been striving for, with a wonderful stadium which we own."
- President Bush in Reuters
When it takes time for Iraqis to reach agreement, it is not 'foot dragging,' as one senator described it,Bush added. "They're striving to build a modern democracy on the rubble of three decades of tyranny."
- Gordon Brown in Reuters UK
As one of this country's most successful businesswomen, she was an inspiration to women throughout the country striving to set up and grow their own companies,Brown said. "She campaigned for green issues for many years before it became...