matched : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- v provide funds complementary to
The company matched the employees' contributions
- v bring two objects, ideas, or people together
- v be equal to in quality or ability
- v make correspond or harmonize
- v satisfy or fulfill
- v give or join in marriage
- v set into opposition or rivalry
- v be equal or harmonize
- v make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching
The company matched the discount policy of its competitors
- s provided with a worthy adversary or competitor
- a going well together; possessing harmonizing qualities
- When your dog barks, the sound is beamed to the handheld and matched to the database.
- The difference, says Mark Schulman, CEO of Abt SRBI, which conducted the poll for PTI, is that "independents tilt toward McCain when he is matched up against Clinton But they .
- This Christmas, for the well-heeled customer, he has a matched pair of Beechcraft airplanes neatly emblazoned "His" and "Hers" for $176,000, an espresso coffee-making machine at .
News & Articles
- Chinese Still Affected By Mainland Pollution, Even After Moving To New York
China’s rapid industrialization over the past three decades has not been matched with increased protections for the environment. With worrying levels of air, water and soil pollution across many parts of the country, there are increasing calls for the Chinese government to take action. Recognizing the urgency of the problem, the country’s State Council recently ordered factories to cut emissions ...
June 21, 2013 - Forbes
- Amanda Plummer and Brad Dourif in Tennessee Williams Rarity
Here they are, New York, the ultimate brother-and-sister act, a pair of genetically matched hams who combine the narcissism, fearfulness, shabbiness and splendor of every actor who ever walked the boards.
June 21, 2013 - New York Times
- Saturday Powerball Jackpot Now Up to $127 Million
Guess what? Since no one matched all six numbers in Wednesday night’s POWERBALL jackpot, it just keeps on growing – up to an impressive $127 million for tomorrow night’s draw. This marks the second time since California joined the multi-state game back in April that the jackpot amount has eclipsed the $100 million mark.
June 21, 2013 - KSEE 24 Fresno
- LeBron James in San Jose Mercury News
Wow. I seen it before, Hedo has hit big shot after big shot in the regular season and I had to match him shot for shot,James said. "Rashard Lewis hit the game-winner in Game 1, and I matched it in Game 2."
- Paul Krugman in Bloomberg
In a New York Times column published today before the announcement that he had won the Nobel Prize in economics, Paul Krugman said the UK's "combination of clarity and decisiveness hasn't been matched by any Western government."
- Saeb Erekat in USA Today
We had hoped that the Israeli announcement would be matched by total cessation of hostilities and the immediate withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza,said Saeb Erekat, a top aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Hamas' bitter rival...