- n a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
- v be identical or equivalent to
One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!
- v be equal to in quality or ability
- v make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching
let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office
- a having the same quantity, value, or measure as another
on equal terms
all men are equal before the law
- a having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task
he was equal to the task
- Rather, equal protection demands that the law itself must be equal.
- The Equal-Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment was enacted to give equal status to newly freed black slaves.
- The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment was enacted to give equal status to newly freed black slaves.
News & Articles
- 45th Annual Equal Opportunity Day Gala takes place
The Houston Area Urban League hosts their 45th Annual Equal Opportunity Day Gala in Downtown Houston.
June 23, 2013 - KPRC Local 2 Houston
- Athletics-Rollins equals fourth-fastest hurdles time
June 23 (Reuters) - Brianna Rollins recorded the equal fourth fastest 100 metres hurdles ever run as she clocked a stunning 12.26 seconds at the U.S. world championship trials on Saturday at Des Moines, Iowa. Finally catching an allowable wind, the 21-year-old U.S. collegiate record holder sent a strong message to Australian Olympic and world champion Sally Pearson with a dominant performance ...
June 23, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- 'Equal parenting' petition approved
GRAND FORKS - The petition for an "equal parental rights" initiated measure has been approved by North Dakota Secretary of State Al Jaeger, his office said Tuesday.
June 19, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- Barack Obama in MWC News
The problems that led us into this crisis are deep and widespread, and our response must be equal to the task,Obama said on Saturday. "I will sign this legislation into law shortly, and we'll begin making the immediate investments...
- Robert Sarver in FOXNews
Sarver says that due to the law "our basic principles of equal rights and protection under the law are being called into question."