adequate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task
she had adequate training
her training was adequate
she was adequate to the job
- s sufficient for the purpose
an adequate income
the food was adequate
- s about average; acceptable
more than adequate as a secretary
- But Sun was shrewd enough to see that he lacked adequate military strength to hold China together, and he made the bold decision to transform his revolutionary organization into a .
- The worst of it came in California dang hippy librels! where stricter state regs required that the barely adequate 350 cu.
- Already, a bill has been introduced in Congress requiring that producers who sell food to the federal government must meet a basic set of humane standards, such as adequate space .
News & Articles
- Carnival Triumph returns to service after engine room fire
MIAMI (Reuters) - The Carnival Triumph cruise ship returned to service on Thursday, four months after an engine room left 4,000 passengers and crew adrift in the Gulf of Mexico without electricity and adequate sanitation. Triumph underwent $115 million in repairs and upgrades, including several new entertainment features, the company said in a statement. The incident prompted Carnival Cruise ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Infamous Carnival Triumph ready to sail again
Just months after an engine fire aboard the ship left its passengers adrift without adequate food or bathrooms, the Carnival Triumph is ready to set sail today on a sold-out cruise from its home port of Galveston."We're really excited and we're here to have fun," Renzo Bomalaya, a bartender aboard the newly refurbished Carnival Triumph, told TODAY.Back in February, a failed propulsion system ...
June 13, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- SDG&E Is Prepared For Summer With Adequate Power Resources
SAN DIEGO, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This summer, San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) is reminding customers that, while adequate electricity supplies are lined up to meet customers' energy needs, conservation ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ben Bernanke in Inquirer.net
Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke said last week the US central bank stands ready "to take substantive additional action as needed to support growth and to provide adequate insurance against downside risks."
- Mitch McConnell in FOXNews
The Senate should be given, as Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said Tuesday, "adequate time to prepare for this nomination" so that "a full and fair opportunity to question the nominee and debate her qualifications"...
- Bobby Jindal in GovInfoSecurity.com (blog)
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, frustrated and angry, told AP: "Look, it's obvious to everybody in south Louisiana that they didn't have a plan; they didn't have an adequate plan to deal with this spill."