- n a word that expresses an attribute of something
- n the word class that qualifies nouns
- a of or relating to or functioning as an adjective
an adjective clause
- a relating to court practice and procedure as opposed to the principles of law
- With $125,000,000 at stake on the interpretation of a single adjective, the Treaty of Trianon was profoundly studied, at The Hague last week, by jurists of the Czechoslovak .
- Does the adjective "macho" fit? It's a word I don't really care for, because it involves some negative things as well as positive.
- Kawaii, an adjective usually mistranslated as simply "cute," has become much more than a word.
News & Articles
- Nicki Minaj’s Crazy Kmart Clothes Are Perfect
This week, Nicki Minaj debuted her neon, metallic, spandex-heavy Kmart clothing line and most reactions involved the word crazy — which is actually a sign of success, since crazy is an appropriate adjective for Nicki's cartoon superheroine style. The problem is that Nicki says she "definitely didn't want people to think, oh, she's only going ... More »
June 12, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Stuhr campaign exceeds goal in impressive fashion
Pam Price is short, as her counterpart Traci Skalberg amusingly pointed out at a press conference by the Stuhr Museum Foundation. When it comes to the group's annual "Pride of the Prairie " fund drive, however, short is the last adjective that comes to mind.
June 10, 2013 - Grand Island Independent
- Stuhr exceeds goal by almost one third for annual campaign
Pam Price is short, as her counterpart Traci Skalberg amusingly pointed out at a press conference by the Stuhr Museum Foundation. When it comes to the group's annual "Pride of the Prairie," fund-drive, however, short is the last adjective that comes to mind.
June 9, 2013 - Grand Island Independent
- John McCain in Washington Post
My friends, I'm past the age when I can claim the name 'kid,' no matter what adjective precedes it,McCain told an ecstatic crowd here. "But tonight, we sure showed 'em what a comeback looks like. When the pundits declared us finished, I...
- Donald Kohn in Earthtimes (press release)
Fed Vice Chairman Donald Kohn said market uncertainties required "flexible and pragmatic policymaking -- 'nimble' is the adjective I used a few weeks ago" -- leading some investors to believe the Fed was still open to lowering interest rates.