- v alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard
- v place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight
- v adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions
- v make correspondent or conformable
- v decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
- a altered to accommodate to certain requirements or bring into a proper relation
an adjusted insurance claim
the car runs more smoothly with the timing adjusted
- a adjusted to demands of daily living; showing emotional stability
- s having achieved a comfortable relation with your environment
- s (especially of garments) having the fit or style adjusted
- The numbers (unlike those in the chart above) are not seasonally adjusted because I've not aware of any seasonally adjusted jobs data for the 1930s:.
- It was bad enough in seasonally adjusted terms: 741,000 jobs lost.
- The Labor Department says initial claims for unemployment insurance dropped to a seasonally adjusted 530,000 from an upwardly revised 551,000 the previous week.
News & Articles
- Adjusted lineup ineffective vs. Buehrle
The Rangers' adjusted lineup managed just five hits in an 8-0 loss to the Blue Jays at Rangers Ballpark on Friday. Justin Grimm took the loss, allowing seven runs on 10 hits in 7 2/3 innings pitched.
June 15, 2013 - Texas Rangers
- NewsWatch: Invest like a pension-plan pro
If you’re looking to improve the risk-adjusted performance of your retirement portfolio then maybe it’s time you invested your money like defined-benefit plan managers: Reach for new levels of diversification and risk balance.
June 15, 2013 - Market Watch
- Sweden Adjusted April Industrial Production -0.5% On Month
Sweden Adjusted April Industrial Production -0.5% On Month
June 10, 2013 - Nasdaq
- President Bush in Seattle Post Intelligencer
At a time when net farm income is projected to increase by more than $28 billion in one year, the American taxpayer should not be forced to subsidize that group of farmers who have adjusted gross incomes of up to $1.5 million,Bush said....
- Brian Sabean in SI.com
I don't know where the story line came from that we didn't want him back,Giants general manager Brian Sabean said Monday at the winter meetings. "We've had a long-standing conversation and offer out there that we've adjusted a number of...
- Henry Paulson in Houston Chronicle
There is no playbook for responding to turmoil we have never faced,Paulson said. "We adjusted our strategy to reflect the facts of a severe market crisis."