- v make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose
- v adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions
- The leaders in upscale fashion are scrambling to adapt to a new, more frugal consumer.
- How do you think about nature: should man adapt his life and economic development to fit the requirements of the natural world, or should he regard nature as an asset to be used to .
- The answer is to adapt the way we practice wildlife and land conservation to climate change.
News & Articles
- Republicans are just plain daft
Why, adapt to the new thing, of course. In this case, the snarky, pithy and glib lingo of Twitter and FB posts. And what do you goof and eyebrow raise over?
June 18, 2013 - San Francisco Bay Guardian
- NBC Orders Animated Holiday Comedy From 'Simpsons' Writer
Mike Reiss will adapt his best-selling children's book "How Murray Saved Christmas" for a December 2014 special. read more
June 18, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Tom Hanks and Tom Tykwer Reunite to Adapt Dave Eggers Novel ‘A Hologram for the King’
Some of the Cloud Atlas team is coming back together for another literary adaptation. Tom Hanks and Tom Tykwer are teaming up to adapt A Hologram for the King by Dave Eggers. Hanks and his company Playtone will produce, and Hanks will star, while Tykwer will produce and direct. (Presumably he could do the film’s [...]
June 13, 2013 - /Film
- Robert Gates in Boston Globe
We have not done enough to adapt to the evolving domestic internal security threat to American troops and military facilities that has emerged over the past decade,Gates said at a Pentagon news conference.
- David Villa in The Associated Press
We suffered a lot against these teams that decided to play us at the back, but you have to have patience and adapt your style,Villa said. "But there was never any fear â€” 99 percent of the time our style of play means victory."
- Rajendra Pachauri in Forbes
The poorest of the poor in the world - and this includes poor people in prosperous societies - are going to be the worst hit,Pachauri said. "People who are poor are least able to adapt to climate change."