admired : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v feel admiration for
- v look at with admiration
- s regarded with admiration
- In a recent television broadcast BBC commentator Brian Walden argued that Nelson Mandela, "perhaps the most generally admired figure of our age, falls short of the giants of the .
- The savior admired by his own as he dragged them into his madness, the Satan and exterminating angel feared and hated by all others, Hitler led his people to a shameful defeat .
- Already admired as the scientist who conceived of the high-speed, "shotgun" approach to DNA sequencing, he was honored last year with a place on the PTI 100 list for his studies .
News & Articles
- Aaron Sorkin Reveals Depth of 'Newsroom' Angst, Season 2 Reboot, A-List Consultants
Admired and attacked in Season 1, the HBO drama reboots with A-list advisers as its creator opens up about his process (up to 6 showers in one day), how he broke his nose and dealing with hate-watchers: "You're playing a dangerous game if you write to try to change people's minds." read more
June 19, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Claudia Coffey named one of Today's Woman Most Admired
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- Congratulations to our Claudia Coffey who was named one of Today's Woman Most Admired in the media category. A reception to honor all of the 2013 winners will be held at the Mellwood Arts Center June 27, click here for more information or to register . A big shout out tall all the winners who were named Most Admired in their respective field. Click here to see all the ...
June 17, 2013 - WHAS TV11 Louisville
- Vladimir Putin denies stealing Super Bowl ring
The Russian president admired -- and pocketed -- a $25,000 Super Bowl ring. A gift? Or a (literal) power grab?
June 16, 2013 - Washington Post
- Placido Domingo in Melbourne Herald Sun
I always admired the God-given glory of his voice,Domingo said.
- Colin Powell in Malaysia Sun
Today on NBC's "Meet the Press" (MTP), concerning Palin, Colin Powell said, "sheÃ¢â‚¬â„¢sa very distinguished woman and sheÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s to be admired. But at the same time, now that we have had a chance to watch her for some seven weeks, I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t...
- John McCain in AFP
Speaking on Fox News, McCain said he had "always admired and respected General Powell."