adrenergic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n drug that has the effects of epinephrine
- a relating to epinephrine (its release or action)
- More specifically, the drugs block the so-called beta-adrenergic receptors--molecules, found in muscles, that respond to surges of adrenaline.
- Alpha-adrenergic agents, originally used to treat high blood pressure, have been effective in reducing ADHD symptoms in some children.
News & Articles
- Gencaro™ Potential Efficacy in Preventing Atrial Fibrillation Paper Published in JACC: Heart Failure
ARCA biopharma, Inc. , a biopharmaceutical company developing genetically-targeted therapies for cardiovascular diseases, today announced that the paper “Prevention of Atrial Fibrillation by Bucindolol is Dependent on the Beta-1 389 Arg/Gly Adrenergic Receptor Polymorphism” was published in the journal JACC: Heart Failure [http://heartfailure.onlinejacc.org/article.aspx?articleid=1691088], a ...
June 6, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance