admire : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v feel admiration for
- v look at with admiration
- I admire Bono's dedication and his willingness to make decisions.
- I believe his new book follows much less from his data than from his premises, and yet I admire his determination.
- We admire Szpilman for the way he embraces that pitiless truth.
News & Articles
- Balancing studies, sports requires different kind of agility
While many students may admire a game-winning tackle or buzzer-beating shot, UH student athletes say their peers should be more impressed with the discipline it takes to succeed in the classroom. As time consuming as their schedule may be, more than 350 UH student athletes are expected to manage their time appropriately if they don’t [...]
June 19, 2013 - The Daily Cougar
- A Bounty of Blooms
Marie Tiberio, Ellie Tessmer, and Annette Bailey admire the flowers on display at a show by The Daytime Gardeners of North Haven. The club presented Our Town, a small standard flower...
June 19, 2013 - North Haven Courier
- Op-Ed: We Must Do More to Prepare Our New Teachers for the Classroom
Americans regularly tell pollsters that the medical profession is the one they admire most. But just a century ago, the medical profession wasn’t held in such high regard. One of the main reasons was the uneven quality of medical training.
June 18, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in National
It saddens me to lose the service of a soldier who I've come to respect and admire,he said.
- Donovan in Times of Malta
This World Cup team embodies what America is about,Donovan said. "We had a goal disallowed the other night. We had another good goal disallowed but we just keep going. That's what people admire so much about Americans. I'm damn proud."
- Robinho in International Herald Tribune
I like living in Manchester and I have made many friends at the club and at the city,Robinho said on his official Web site. "I admire the Manchester City fans, who are truly lovers of football and loyal to the club players. I am looking...