equate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous
You cannot equate success in financial matters with greed
- v be equivalent or parallel, in mathematics
- v make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching
- Bagemihl's ideas have caused a stir in the higher, human community, especially among scientists who find it simplistic to equate any animal behavior with human behavior.
- Che cultists reverently equate him with such other leftist heroes as Mao Tse-tung, Ho Chi Minh, and French Marxist Rgis Debray, a captured member of Che's Bolivian guerrilla .
- But, that in no way means that I'm a loner, which the press likes to equate with an introvert.
News & Articles
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013: Immigration, welfare and gun control
Posted June 11, 2013, at 2:21 p.m. The June 6 BDN OpEd by Jonette Christian, “Immigration reform: Get it right this time,” is a classic example of an attempt to rationalize xenophobia and to equate immigration with the source of economic and social demise.
June 12, 2013 - Bangor Daily News
- Which Rory McIlroy Will We See at Merion in 2013 US Open?
Judging by the Jekyll and Hyde act Rory McIlroy has performed this season, predicting how he will fare at Merion Golf Club for the 113 th U.S. Open this week would equate to solving a Rubix Cube, blindfolded. Winless in 2013, McIlroy ’s been pedestrian at best with four mediocre finishes ranging from T25 to T57, as well as four top 10s and a controversial withdrawal from the Honda Classic on ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Cheapest sunscreens protect well
In Consumer Reports’ latest ratings of sunscreens, Up & Up (Target) Continuous Spray Sport SPF 50 and Equate (Walmart) Ultra Protection Lotion SPF 50 earned the highest scores in tests and were among the least expensive.
June 10, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Masi Oka in News 10NBC
Her character is supposed to be Hiro's Joker,said Masi Oka, who plays Hiro. "Batman has The Joker. Hiro has Daphne. This is the season where Hiro finally finds his arch nemesis, and it happens to be this Speedster. I kind of equate it more...
- Scot Pollard in WHDH-TV
For a guy that wasn't at that game, didn't ref that game, to come out and say that, and in the situation he's in, I guess you could kind of say you could equate that to Charles Manson saying something about the Boston Strangler,Pollard said....
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in International Herald Tribune
I know my Republican opponents will try to equate health care for all Americans with government-run health care,Clinton said. "Don't let them fool us again."