- n qualities that are comparable
- v examine and note the similarities or differences of
John compared his haircut to his friend's
We compared notes after we had both seen the movie
- v be comparable
This car does not compare with our line of Mercedes
- v consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous
We can compare the Han dynasty to the Romans
- v to form the comparative or superlative form on an adjective or adverb
- Bert van Marwijk in The Press Association
This is the third time that we have reached the final but we live in another time. At that moment I thought the chance was very great that we will win the final,said Van Marwijk. "But you cannot compare this team with something that...
- Barney Frank in Washington Post Blogs (blog)
You stand there with a picture of the president defaced to look like Hitler and compare the effort to increase health care to the Nazis,Frank, who is Jewish, said.
- Jacques Rogge in International Herald Tribune
The history of the Olympic Games is fraught by a lot of challenges,Rogge said. "This is a challenge but you cannot compare to what we had in the past."