liken : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous
- You liken the immigrant wave to the Visigoths who sacked Rome.
- You liken the experience of communing with spirits to "going on automatic pilot.
- I always liken it to when people look through their photo albums or home videos from 20 years ago and think, Gosh, did I really wear that? The difference is, thankfully on the one .
News & Articles
- Pirates playing with a rock in the shoe
PITTSBURGH Clint Hurdle likes that his Pittsburgh Pirates recent history causes them to play with a rock in the shoe.Pirates fans might liken two decades of losing more to a boulder careening downhill.
June 9, 2013 - The Durango Herald
- Brian Boucher in TSN
I liken it to when you are a backup and you go a week or two between starts and have to stay sharp in practice,Boucher said. "I don't think it will be that much of a negative effect. Long-term, the positives (of a break) outweigh the...
- Yasuo Fukuda in Asia Times Online
Fukuda said Tuesday: "If we were to liken the history of African development to a volume of literature, then what we are about to do now is open to a new page, titled the 'century of African growth'. In the future, Africa will become a powerful...