- v be against; express opposition to
We oppose the ban on abortion
- v fight against or resist strongly
The senator said he would oppose the bill
- v contrast with equal weight or force
- v set into opposition or rivalry
- v act against or in opposition to
- v be resistant to
The board opposed his motion
- Do you support or oppose the presence of coalition forces in Iraq? Strongly support .
- Do you favor or oppose people who are openly gay or lesbian to teach in schools in your community?.
- In general, do you support, oppose or neither support nor oppose the health care reform plans being discussed in Congress? Support 34% Oppose 49%.
News & Articles
- Hong Kong People Oppose Returning Snowden to U.S., Poll Shows
Hong Kong residents would oppose any demand for extradition of Edward Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor who fled to the city after exposing a U.S. surveillance program, according to a poll published today.
June 16, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Feds oppose release of suspect in St. Clair County judge drug case
BELLEVILLE, Ill.—Federal prosecutors in southern Illinois say they will oppose a motion to release a man who’s involved in a judicial corruption case for drug treatment. The attorney for Sean McGilvery has asked U.S. Magistrate Donald Wilkerson to reconsider his May 30 order that McGilvery remain in jail until his drug trafficking trial. The Belleville News-Democrat reports Assistant U.S ...
June 13, 2013 - KMOV St. Louis
- Republicans oppose, Democrats support NSA surveillance, poll says
A majority of Americans oppose National Security Agency programs using records gathered from telecom and Internet companies, according to a poll released Wednesday.
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- President Bush in New York Times
I know many Americans have reservations about their government's approach,Mr. Bush said. "I would oppose such measures under ordinary circumstances. But these are not ordinary circumstances."
- Nouri al-Maliki in International Herald Tribune
The most important lesson to be taken away is that the benefits of legalization depend strongly on how it is implemented. Some veteran growers in far northern California oppose legalization, fearing it would increase competition and cut profits,... Daniel Hamburg http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Hamburg&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEmbyEh6kYH-beSUVyR1hxMYzwSaA Malaysia Sun http://www.google.com/url?q=http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/3a8a80d6f705f8cc/id/657266/cs/1/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGrBdtVbEhx0oPcP8ICTA3BLHcAlg Jul 8, 2010
69937 93489 oppose I oppose the building of the wall and its construction will stop," al-Maliki said during a joint news conference with the Secretary-General of the Arab League Amr Moussa in Cairo. "There are other methods to protect neighborhoods."