- v be in contradiction with
- v deny the truth of
- v be resistant to
- v prove negative; show to be false
- Archaeologists and clergymen in the Holy Land derided claims in a new documentary, The Last Tomb of Christ, produced by the Oscar-winning director James Cameron, that contradict .
- Sediment samples off the coasts of Senegal, Florida and Antarctica contradict her timeline, suggesting the mass extinction came right after the asteroid impact.
- None of the new studies contradict each other or the previous literature, although the idea that migraines might somehow prevent against cognitive decay is new.
News & Articles
- Promoter e-mail shows Jackson doctor concerns
AEG Live's CEO wrote two days before Michael Jackson died that a doctor Jackson was seeing "scares us to death because he is shooting him up with something," court testimony shows. Randy Phillips' e-mail could contradict his earlier testimony that he had no idea Jackson was getting prescription drugs while he was preparing for his comeback concerts. Phillips is on the witness stand for a fifth ...
June 12, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Silicon Valley’s Long History of Government Codependence
The revelations that U.S. technology giants may be assisting the National Security Agency seem to contradict Silicon Valley’s image as a bastion of libertarian thinking.
June 11, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Thomas D. Elias: Desert energy plan would boost utility profits
What happens when a big government study undermines the assumptions made by the writers of another pricey official report? Obvious, isn't it? When studies or parts of studies contradict each other's basic conclusions and assumptions, the ones that monied interests dislike will usually be ignored.
June 11, 2013 - Los Angeles Daily News
- Jesse Jackson in International Herald Tribune
His divisive and demeaning comments about the presumptive Democratic nominee - and I believe the next president of the United States - contradict his inspiring and courageous career,the younger Jackson said.
- President Bush in Los Angeles Times
We must ensure the actions of one country do not contradict or undermine the actions of another,Bush said. "In our interconnected world, no nation will gain by driving down the fortunes of another. We're in this together. We will come...
- Patrick Leahy in Forbes
And yet we find so many e-mails that contradict what the attorney general has said, contradict what the deputy attorney general has said, contradict what the White House has said. Mr. Sampson's right in the middle of it,said Leahy, D-Vt....