- v be in contradiction with
- v represent falsely
- The loopholes in the story the belied the claims of innonence of the thief.
- Their chief, Kotok, a middle-aged man with an easy smile and Three Stooges hairdo that belie his fierce authority, believes that's no coincidence.
- The sexy silhouette might belie Cristina's tough-girl attitude, but the choice is in keeping with the current trend for tastefully revealing bridal gowns.
News & Articles
- Tallinn: The Former Soviet City That Gave Birth To Skype
The Estonian capital is dotted with medieval towers and Soviet architecture that belie its status as one of the world's most technologically advanced cities. Residents use a smart card to ride the bus, and mail packages and pay for parking with their phones.
June 12, 2013 - NPR
- Privacy In Retreat, A Timeline
Viewed out of context, recent Washington revelations paint a disturbing portrait of the vast amount of electronic data the nation's spy agencies are collecting. But the blockbuster news stories belie a simple truth: Personal privacy rights have been under sustained assault since well before the...
June 12, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Managing Editor
When Golden Eagle Regional Park opened in the late spring of 2008, City of Sparks officials belie... When Golden Eagle Regional Park opened in the late spring of 2008, City of Sparks officials belie...
June 9, 2013 - Daily Sparks Tribune
- Marla Luckert in FOXNews
The statute inflicts immediate, continuing and real injuries that outrun and belie any legitimate justification that may be claimed for it,Luckert wrote. "Moral disapproval of a group cannot be a legitimate state interest."
- Paul Goggins in Belfast Telegraph
Security Minister Paul Goggins said in the dossier: "Although they make up only a small proportion of the overall prison population, women's imprisonment has an enormous impact, particularly on children and families. Indeed, the small numbers belie...
- Sean McCormack in AFP
The arrests "belie the Burmese regime's claim that it seeks a genuine and peaceful transition to democracy, and demonstrate that it is not fulfilling the expectations of the UN Security Council as expressed in the October 11 UN Security Council...