- v be in contradiction with
- v deny the truth of
- v prove negative; show to be false
- v make ineffective by counterbalancing the effect of
This action will negate the effect of my efforts
- We negate death to the point that a gentle man is forced to struggle without the use of arms or legs to devise a way to obtain and ingest cyanide.
- That causes us to eat more, which in turn can negate the weight-loss benefits we just accrued.
- The smile doesn't negate the sorrow.
- Manny Pacquiao in Times Online
Although this nation unquestionably must take strong action under the leadership of the commander in chief to protect itself against enormous and unprecedented threats, that necessity cannot negate the existence of the most basic fundamental rights... Joyce Hens Green http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Hens_Green&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEt5y6rOyL13HiKsQcZ7bScZVUMbA International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/01/31/news/gitmo.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEimlpOHIWhCFjIZTI69-2vqlxqSA Jan 31, 2005
66994 89166 negate I heard that he was bigger than me and stronger than me and that's why I tried to be more aggressive and fight toe to toe and try to [negate] his power," Pacquiao said. "Our strategy for the fight was not to hurry, take our time, because we...
- Stan Van Gundy in Seattle Post Intelligencer
The two biggest factors in the game were our start and Chauncey's injury,Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "You can't negate that. He's not only a great player, he's their leader, he runs everything."