- v show a response or a reaction to something
- v act against or in opposition to
She reacts negatively to everything I say
- v undergo a chemical reaction; react with another substance under certain conditions
The hydrogen and the oxygen react
- Neuroimaging studies confirm what scientists long suspected: autistic brains don't react to facial cues the way normal brains do.
- In the same way that American rappers react to urban poverty and strife, the Palestinians react to the poverty in the Palestinian territories in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
- When students are hospitalized--or worse yet, die from alcohol poisoning, which happens about 300 times each year--college presidents tend to react by declaring their campuses dry .
News & Articles
- Parents react to teachers with guns
By Caitlin Conrad/KTVL.com EAGLE POINT, Ore -- When you talk about teachers bringing guns into schools you get a strong reaction from parents on both sides of the fence. However, the ones against it seemed to be louder on Thursday. "Hell no," was mother Nikki House's answer the Jackson County School District #9's proposal of allowing employees to bring firearms to work. ...
June 15, 2013 - KTVL Medford
- Fans react to the Blackhawks’ triple OT win against the Bruins
Blackhawks fans and a Bruins fan react to the Chicago Blackhawk’s victory over the Boston Bruins in triple overtime. …
June 13, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Greeks React to Shutting of Broadcaster
Watch Greeks React to Shutting of Broadcaster video online. News and opinion video from The NYTimes including breaking news, investigative reporting, national and international coverage. Style and celebrity video.
June 12, 2013 - New York Times